This online event is FREE from August 9-18. Join us!
“The confidence you gain in this course will entirely change the way you interact with people and the world around you.”
And as a bonus — practicing jiu-jitsu is fun!
Jiu-Jitsu for Self-Defense with Rener and Ryron Gracie is a 10-day course that teaches you essential skills to stay safe. Ryron and Rener are third generation Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructors in the legendary Gracie family, and are world-renowned for their ability to teach this incredibly effective self-defense method. And because these techniques rely on smart body positioning rather than strength, speed, or athleticism, anyone can learn jiu-jitsu!
Whether you have experience with martial arts or are brand new, whether you are young or old, coordinated or not, you will learn how to safely diffuse or escape from dangerous situations. At the same time, you will develop newfound confidence to assert yourself, set boundaries, and de-escalate potential conflicts.
This course is designed to be done with a partner OR solo.
- Jiu-jitsu allows you to practice real life fighting techniques in the safest way possible.
- You might start jiu-jitsu to learn self-defense, but often what keeps you on the mat is the fun and cooperative nature of the art.
- For some, the gym can feel monotonous. Jiu-jitsu is physical, dynamic, and playful, which is why so many people have incorporated it into their exercise routine.
- When practicing jiu-jitsu with someone, you show vulnerability. You learn to trust others as they also trust you with their bodies. This way of interacting creates a bond between people that is tough to find anywhere else.
- Sometimes the best way to get in shape is to let go of the idea of getting into shape and just start learning and moving. Jiu-jitsu allows you to learn self-defense, improve mobility and coordination, get a workout, and have fun — all at the same time!
Meet Your Teachers
Ryron and Rener Gracie are the eldest grandsons of Grand Master Helio Gracie, the creator of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Their father is Rorion Gracie, one of the world’s foremost experts in self-defense. In 1993, Rorion created the Ultimate Fighting Championship to showcase the supremacy of the family’s self-defense system in a realistic “no holds barred” confrontation against all comers. Rorion’s younger brother, Royce, won 3 of the first 4 UFC tournaments proving that the leverage-based techniques of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu provided the most reliable way to defeat a larger, more athletic opponent.
Ryron and Rener were born into this family tradition and introduced to the art as soon as they could walk. As children, they watched Rorion teach private classes in their garage in Southern California. But, it wasn’t until they observed their father and uncles – Royce, Rickson, and Royler – easily winning challenge matches that they began to comprehend fully the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Even more important, Ryron and Rener recognized the profound impact the family’s art had on all who studied it. The life changing transformations of Gracie University students motivated the brothers to teach the art. While constantly perfecting their physical techniques, they worked equally hard to master the powerfully effective instruction methods developed by their forbearers. In 2003, Grand Master Helio Gracie awarded Ryron and Rener black belts in recognition of their mastery of his unique techniques and teaching methodologies.
Here's Whats Ahead!
Each day of this 10-part program focuses on how to manage a different attack position or scenario. Start with a warmup that teaches key movements then learn different variations of the day’s core technique. Finish up with practice drills, a visualization, and a daily mindset. Every variation also includes a video on how to practice the technique if you are solo.
Remember: Even though you are learning a critical life skill, don't forget to enjoy the process!