The Mindful Dragon Weekend Retreat
A qigong and meditation experience with Mimi Kuo-Deemer
Welcome in the first full moon of the Year of the Dragon with movement, energy and deepening insight.
Topanga, CA // February 23-25, 2024
We are committed to the cultivation of a community that is inclusive and diverse and acknowledge that retreats can be financially challenging, especially to people on low incomes. We also recognize that there is a lack of diverse representation in the wellness world, including, though not exclusively, people from the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities.
We are therefore offering two partial scholarships for this retreat, available to those attending as commuters or who would like to camp onsite (i.e. Retreat Ticket without Lodging):
- Financial assistance scholarship
- BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ scholarship
Recipients of the scholarship will be entitled for a reduced cost of $225 (normally $700) for the retreat. This covers food costs for the weekend.
Members of underrepresented communities, especially BIPOC and LGBTQ+, are especially encouraged to apply.
Application process: Please email the following to [email protected].
- Your full name:
- Your preferred pronouns:
- Your mailing address:
- Your email address:
- Your phone number:
- Please indicate the scholarship you are applying to: 1) financial assistance; or 2) BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+
- A 500-word (maximum) statement in support of your application. This should include why you would like to participate in the retreat, and how you envision this retreat supporting your health, work or community. If applying for financial assistance for the retreat, please indicate why. If you identify as part of a marginalised or underrepresented community, how have your experiences impacted your ability to practice qigong and meditation, and find safe, inclusive, financially or physically accessible spaces? What do you wish there had been more of to support you?
- If applying for financial assistance, you may optionally include evidence of your financial circumstance (for example: tax return showing your adjusted gross income; recent pay stub from your employer; employment verification letter; social security or unemployment benefit statement; other government assistance program documentation).
- If applying for the BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+ scholarship, please indicate your racial identity and/or your gender and/or sexual orientation.
Please submit your application no later than Friday, December 22, 2023 to [email protected]. Applicants will be notified about their application status by no later than January 5, 2024. Thank you!