Nutrition to Calm Stress & Anxiety with Dr. Uma Naidoo
Discover what foods to eat – and to avoid – for your mental and emotional well-being.
As a Harvard-trained psychiatrist, professional chef, and Certified Nutritional Specialist, Dr. Uma Naidoo is a triple threat in the exciting new field of nutritional psychiatry. Her main message: Most people overlook the power at the end of their forks to feel emotionally better.
In this course, you’ll explore the profound connection between what you eat and your mental well-being, learning practical and empowering strategies for a calmer mind. By the end, you’ll better understand which foods work for you (and which to ditch) and have a personalized Calmness Plan, complete with shopping lists, meal plans, and recipes.
Meet Your Teacher
Dr. Naidoo founded and directs the first hospital-based Nutritional Psychiatry Service in the U.S. She is the Director of Nutritional and Lifestyle Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and Director of Nutritional Psychiatry at MGH Academy while serving on the faculty at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Naidoo is also the bestselling author of This Is Your Brain on Food.
“Nutritional psychiatry is not a fad diet, but an approach to living that offers flexibility and grace.”
Daily Course Lessons
Each day includes a video lesson along with additional resources in the course workbook.
Day 1: Calm Your Mind with Food
Day 2: Foods That Cause Anxiety
Day 3: Foods That Support a Healthy Gut & Brain
Day 4: The Immune System & Anxiety
Day 5: Key Nutrients & Meal Prep
Day 6: Nutritional Needs for Different Life Stages + Recipes
Day 7: Lifestyle Practices to Reduce Stress & Anxiety
What Commune Teachers Are Saying
“Dr. Naidoo masterfully teaches how to use food to relieve symptoms of anxiety and calm the mind."
~ Mark Hyman, MD
“Nutritional Psychiatry is a new discipline, and Dr. Naidoo is a leader in this field.”
~ Deepak Chopra, MD
Take this course to…
- Discover the key nutrients you need to support your mental health and how to ensure you are absorbing those nutrients
- Learn how to stock your kitchen with anxiety-reducing foods
- Explore your unique reactions to certain foods so you can make healthier swaps
- Get a customized Calmness Plan, complete with shopping lists, meal planning, and recipe ideas
- Learn about the connection between food and anxiety and how the foods you eat either promote or destroy your gut, brain, and immune system health