When you’re tired, you’re far from your best self. Basic tasks seem difficult, your thinking slows down, and you snap at the people you care about. Compound this over numerous nights and you quickly spiral into crisis.
It’s simple: there’s no wellness without proper sleep — it’s where the body and the mind engage in deep healing and rejuvenation. If you want to optimize the hours you’re awake, you need to be putting more focus on the hours you’re not.
Full access to Sleep Better along with 60+ courses on health, personal growth, and social impact — including more functional medicine courses with Dr. Mark Hyman and Dr. Jolene Brighten.
600+ daily practices including yoga, meditation, goal-setting, activism, and much more.
New courses added every month!
10 video lessons totaling 3 hours of one-on-one teaching with Dr. Breus.
Daily transcripts and lesson summaries, including key recommendations for improving your sleep hygiene
Community support in the functional medicine discussion group
Mobile app access, including offline viewing and screencasting to TVs
What's your genetic chronotype and what does that say about what is the optimal time for you to go to sleep?
When should you stop drinking caffeine during the day? What about your last glass of alcohol at night?
When is the best time to nap? And how long should you nap?
How can you prepare in advance to reduce jet lag?
What are the critical elements in your bedroom that can sabotage good sleep?
What should you NOT do when you wake up in the middle of the night?
And much more!
Enjoy permanent access to all 10 video lectures, in total, more than 3 hours of life-changing content.
Reference full course transcripts or listen to audio-only versions of lectures.
Review the day's lessons and even bring these handouts with you to your next doctor's appointment.
Watch videos offline, create custom playlists, and screencast to your TV.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He was one of the youngest people to have passed the Board at age 31 and, with a specialty in Sleep Disorders, is one of only 168 psychologists in the world with his credentials and distinction. Dr. Breus is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and appears regularly on the show (39 times in 8 seasons).
- Welcome to Sleep School: Learn about how two systems, our circadian rhythm and sleep drive, interplay to affect our sleep.
- How Your Daytime Affects Your Nighttime: How do the choices you make, even in the morning, play out in your bedroom?
- Your Pre-Bed Routine: Learn what small tweaks you can make to your daily routine to yield major outcomes.
- Your Bedroom Environment: Environmental changes are just as effective as behavioral changes for better sleep — and when you combine the two, you’ve got a bedtime double threat.
- Your Morning Routine: Learn how to craft your morning routine to set the tone for an energized day and a sound sleep.
- Your Bed Partner: Dr. Breus teaches you how to sleep better with a restless bed partner.
- Supplements Done Right: Learn how natural sleep aids fit into a healthy sleep regimen.
- Travel and Jet Lag: Managing your sleep while you travel can make or break a trip.
- Sleep, Diet, and Exercise: In this lesson, we'll look at how diet and exercise can strengthen our natural sleep rhythms.
- Meditations for Sleep: There is nothing more effective for sustainable sleep health than meditation. An ongoing practice helps us cultivate a calmer nervous system and slide more easily into sleep.
"Dr. Michael Breus is not just The Sleep Doctor, he is MY sleep doctor. I trust him with my patients, my viewers and my readers. He has appeared on my show 39 times. He has spoken for me to help raise money for my charities and has educated millions of people. He is fun, informative, and engaging."