with Dr. James S. Gordon
Evidence-based approaches to feel whole in body, mind, and spirit.
Learn how to heal from life’s challenges.
Transforming Trauma with James S. Gordon, MD, is a 10-day course that provides simple, effective, evidence-based approaches to healing. This course will show you how to move through the pain and limitations that trauma brings and find ease, wholeness, and freedom.
You’ll learn an approach and techniques James S. Gordon, MD, has used for more than 50 years to reverse the damage trauma and chronic stress inflict on your mind and body.
This course is for you if you:
- Suffer from chronic stress
- Struggle to trust others or feel safe in relationships
- Tend to withdraw and isolate yourself
- Have ongoing physical pain
- Experienced a difficult, painful childhood
- Are grieving a loved one or the end of a relationship
- Need healthy ways to cope with the pandemic
In this course, you’ll discover:
- How to reverse the psychological and physiological damage caused by trauma
- The origins of your deepest wounds and how to heal them
- Exercises to mobilize your imagination and fully experience your body
- A path to find freedom from the past
Meet Your Teacher
James S. Gordon, MD, is a Harvard-educated psychiatrist, former researcher at the National Institute of Mental Health, Chair of the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine Policy, and a clinical professor of Psychiatry and Family Medicine at Georgetown Medical School. He has authored or edited ten books, including Transforming Trauma: The Path to Hope and Healing. In 1991, Dr. Gordon founded The Center for Mind-Body Medicine, which has become a leader in addressing population-wide psychological trauma.
“Studies published in peer-reviewed journals repeatedly demonstrate that Dr. Gordon’s approach and techniques can decrease the numbers of those qualifying for the diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) by 80% or more—in children, adolescents, and adults. Published research also demonstrates statistically significant decreases in depression, hopelessness, anxiety, anger, and sleep disturbance, and increases in quality of life.”
We recommend setting aside about 45 minutes for each day of the course. This includes a lesson, a healing practice, and reflective time to answer questions and complete the workbook.